Goals & Objectives of (HPS)
The HIV/STI Program realizes the importance of prevention education and early detection of HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI). The Program is funded by the New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute since 1996.
Community Based Programs
- Client Advocacy supportive services to HIV+ individuals and their families.
- Risk Reduction counseling services to individuals and groups who are at high risk of HIV/STI infection.
- Community Street Outreach services throughout Nassau and parts of Queens Counties.
- Diffusion of Effective Behavioral Interventions (DEBI) provides science-based, community, group, and individual-level HIV prevention interventions: Adult & Youth Empowerment groups, etc.
- Prevention and Education presentations in schools, organizations and other community based settings.
- Adult & Youth Peer Educators training
- Referrals for free HIV/STI testing at community-based sites.
- Information and Referrals for LGBTQIA programs & services, Hepatitis C, Overdose Prevention and Re-Entry services.
- FREE HIV TESTING
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
CONTACT US: (516) 239-6244
Program Director Ext. 263
Program Educator Ext: 258
Community Coordinator Ext. 276
Healthcare Navigator Ext. 273
HPS Office Assistant Ext. 238
Fax : (516) 239-0683